How To Use
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
HOW TO USE YOUR LUMILIA LUX™ 2in1
- Shave off the hair from the skin surface that you are planning on treating. Please do this before anything else.
- Make sure your skin is clean and you don’t have products/fake tan on the skin surface prior to use.
- Plug in the power adapter and power on the device by holding down the power button for 3 seconds. IMPORTANT: The device is not cordless
- Wait for the device to power on and the menu screen to load. Please note, the device is by default set to Hair removal. You can easily switch between Hair removal & Skin rejuvenation modes by holding down the auto/manual button(top button) and then the power button(bottom button) for 3 seconds. HR and SR modes are displayed on the screen.
- For hair removal, you can select between intensity levels 1 to 8 (it is highly recommended you start off with intensity levels 1-2 for your first treatment, adjust the intensity according to your experience). Always do a patch test first and wait 30 min to make sure the intensity is suitable for your skin tone. For Skin Rejuvenation mode, there is only one intensity level, level 1.
- When you place the device directly flat against your skin, you can proceed to press the flash button(top button) to emit a flash. (Safety glasses are provided and recommended when operating the device).
- For large body areas and faster treatment, you can select the 'Automatic Mode'. This means that every time you place the device directly onto your skin, it will automatically flash and you can slide down your skin for continuous automatic flashes. Hence for a faster treatment (please ensure to only use this setting for large body areas).
- For the best results, we recommend 2-3 treatments a week. You should only flash a specific area of the skin once-twice per treatment. When your treatment is complete, press and hold the power button to switch off your device and allow it to power down safely.
Below some of the frequently asked questions:
- How to switch between Manual & Auto(Glide) mode:
Press and hold the Flash button for 3 seconds. The device will switch to auto flash. Same steps for switching back to manual mode.
- How to switch between Hair Removal & Skin Rejuvenation mode?
Press and hold the FLASH(Top) button and the POWER(bottom) button for 3 seconds to switch between SR and HR mode.
Hair Removal Tips
You can use the device between 2-3 times weekly for the first 4-8 weeks. After that only touchups will be required.
Flash each area twice for the best results. The device can be used on the face. The area above the lip and chin is fine.
The full Brazillian area can be treated with the Lumilia Lux.
As for pain, using the product shouldn't hurt, but a warm prickling sensation on the skin while using is 100% normal.
Skin Rejuvenation Tips
You can use this mode 2-3 times a week. Very popular for the face area.
The Lumilia Lux works for all but the darkest skin tones. See below for the Skin & Hair tone chart:
The Lumilia Lux™ works for all but the darkest skin tones. Kindly refer to the Skin &Hair tone guide below to see if your skin type is a fit.
The Lumilia Lux™ is not effective if your hair colour is light blonde, grey, red or white. Check the hair colour chart below to guide you.
Instructions for use
Check the skin color sheet and choose the right light intensity level to irradiate. (We suggest starting from level 1 for new users)
Shaving the surface of the skin area that you are going to irradiate the user
Plugin the power and long press ON/OFF button for 3 seconds to switch on the device.
Short press the ON/OFF button to change the light intensity level.
Wear the goggles to protect your eyes from flashing.
Put the device close to the skin at an angle of 90 degrees and press the flashing button.
For hair removal, select the desired light intensity setting. Please see the table below to set the light intensity setting.